Thursday, January 19, 2017

Don’t Walk… Dance



Everyone has something they are deeply passionate for, mine just happens to be dance. My dance teachers and friends have helped me become the person I am. My highest and lowest points were channeled into dance. Even though I struggled through late night practices and a sore body, the feeling you get after post-recitals is well worth it. Luckily, I have found something I am passionate for at such a young age and now I get to pursue teaching dance to younger children. I want to teach them the culture and lifestyle of a dancer. With time, I have realized that my dance family is truly one of a kind and I can call my studio a second home.
What is something you are passionate about? Why?

Vocabulary
Passionate (adjective)- showing strong feelings
Channeled (Verb)- direct toward a certain end or object
Struggled (verb)- dealing with something that is difficult
Sore(adjective) -painful or aching (usually part of a body)
Post (Prefix) - after
Pursue (Verb) - to chase after something
Culture (noun) - attitudes, customs, and beliefs that describes a group of people

Vocabulary Exercise
When I went to Europe I learned a new ______________.
I moved to Los Angeles to ___________ my acting career.
Afterward, we gathered for snacks and a _________game chat.
After wearing uncomfortable shoes my feet were____________.
She________ up the hill in the snow.
She ___________ all her energy into studying for the math test.
Sally loved cooking, she was ______________ about it.

Grammar Point:
What is a prefix?
A prefix is added to the front of a word to change its meaning.

Here are some examples of prefixes:
    microscope
(The prefix is micro-.)
    tripod
(The prefix is tri-.)

The prefix used in the paragraph was post- recital, which means after the recital.
Another example is post-game or post-season.


Can you come up with your own example of a prefix?

Grammar Activity:

2 comments:

  1. Very fine beginning to your blog! You have al the components I rally like your grammar point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I love to dance as well, and it is so nice finding other people who share my passion. The picture you included in this post is stunning!

    ReplyDelete