Monday, February 6, 2017


26 Pounds of Fur


I have a 26-pound cat named Crystal. We nicknamed her Moose because of her vast size. There is an abundance of people that like dogs better than cats but moose is very friendly. Even though my cat cannot speak, she is constantly trying to find ways to communicate with me. Whether my cat is meowing because she wants food or banging into my legs because she wants attention, she lets me know what she is thinking. Moose has a unique personality. She loves to run around the house playing with her toys. She needs to sleep at night with a blanket on her and wakes my mom up every morning at 5:30 am.  Whenever someone meets moose the common statement is “OH WOW, She’s huge!” Moose does love to eat but I do not believe she will get substantially bigger.

Vocabulary

Vast (adjective) – very great extent/ large
Abundance (noun)- very large quality of something
Friendly (adjective)- kind and pleasant  
Constantly (adverb)- continuously over a period of time/ always
Unique (adjective)- unlike anything else
Common (adjective)- often done
Substantially (adverb)- for the most part/ essentially

Vocabulary exercise  
 
















Grammar Point

What is an adverb?
An adverb is a word that tells us more about a verb.
It is easy to see how adverbs describe, or modify, verbs, since they simply explain most about the action.

John speaks loudly. (How does John speak?)

More examples:
    He quickly runs
    She slowly walks
    He happily chatters

Grammar Activity:

2 comments:

  1. I love Crystal's nickname! She is such a cute cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this story is something your students will really enjoy! Crystal is adorable, and her size makes her unique.

    ReplyDelete